PVX is equipped with an alpha-numeric data logger to provide increased versatility for those custom reporting needs. The high speed scan feature speeds up the inspection process by making 32 measurements per second. Remove transducer from the test material and display the minimum measurement scanned.Visual and audible alarm with hi and lo limit settings for specific application tolerances. Auto find features locates the detection point(s) and adjusts the display settings to bring the waveform into view. PVX comes complete with our Windows® PC software for transferring data to and from a PC.
Demo the PVX
Learn more »
- 2 year limited warranty.
- Adjustable square wave pulser provides PVX the flexibility necessary for both high resolution and penetration requirements.
- Selectable viewing options provide the user with additional flexibility during operation: (RF waveform, +/- Rectified waveform, and Large Digits with Scan Bar.
- Time based B-Scan feature displays a cross section of the test material. Displays the profile of the opposite surface of the material.
- Adjustable resolution settings add to the PVX’s flexibilty.
- Ability to use a variety of single element transducers for specific applications: Standard Delay Line (acrylic and graphite tips for metals and thin plastics), Pencil Delay Line (tough access area on thin materials), and Contact transducers (variety of applications).
- Hardware AGC gain control for multiple echo and thru-paint measurement.
- Multiple calibration options: One Point, Two Point, or selection from a Material List.
- 16 factory setups and 48 user-defined setups. User defined setups can be edited for custom applications.
- Weight: 13.5 ounces (with batteries).
- Size: 2.5 W x 6.5 H x 1.24 D inches (63.5 W x 165 H x 31.5 D mm).
- Operating Temperature:-14° to 140°F (-10° to 60°C).
- Keyboard: Membrane switch with twelve tactile keys.
- Case: Extruded aluminum body with nickel-plated aluminum end caps (gasket sealed).
- Data Output:Bi-directional RS232 serial port. Windows® PC interface software.
- Display: 1/8 in. VGA grayscale display (240 x 160 pixels). Viewable area 2.4 x 1.8 in. (62 x 45.7mm). EL backlit (on/off/auto).
- Measurement Modes: Pulse-Echo (Precision General purpose).
- Interface-Echo (Precision – Thick materials).
- Echo-Echo (Precision – Thin materials & thru-paint).
- Pulser: Square wave pulser with adjustable pulse width (spike, thin, wide).
- Receiver: Manual or AGC gain control with 40dB range, depending on modeselected.
- Timing: 40 MHz with ultra low power8 bit digitizer.
- Three 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells.
- Typically operates for 150 hours on alkaline and 100 hours on NiCad (charger not included.)
- Auto power off if idle 5 min.
- Battery status meter.
- Range: Interface-Echo Mode: Steel 0.05 1.0 in (1.27mm – 25.4mm). Plastics from .005in. (127mm).
- Echo-Echo Mode: Steel .006in -.500in (.15mm – 12.7mm).
- Pulse-Echo Contact: Steel .040in – 10.0in (1mm – 254mm). Plastics from .010in (.254mm).
- Echo-Echo Contact: Steel thru-paint .100in – 3.0in (2.54mm – 76.2mm).
- Resolution: (selectable) +/- .001in (0.01 mm), or +/- .0001in – (.001mm).
- Velocity Range: .0492 to .3936 in./ms 1250 to 9999 meters/sec
- Single and Two point calibration option, or selection of basic material types.
- Units: English & Metric
- A-Scan Rectified +/- (half wave view) RF (full waveform view)
- B-Scan Time based cross section view. Display speed of 15 secs per screen.
- Large Digits Standard thicknessview. Digit Height: 0.400 in (10mm).
- Scan Bar 6 readings per second. Viewable in B-Scan and Large Digit views.
- Repeatability Bar Graph Bar graphindicates stability of reading.
Data Logger (Internal)
- 12,000 readings and waveforms (alpha numeric storage).
- OBSTRUCT to indicate inaccessible locations.
- Memory: 16 megabit non-volatile ram.
- Single Element (1 to 20 MHz).
- Locking quick disconnect “00″ LEMO connector.
- Standard 4 foot cable.
- Custom transducer and cable lengths available.
- Setups: 16 factory and 48 user-defined setups.
- Gates: Single gate in pulse-echo mode.Single gate with holdoff in interface-echo, echo-echo, and plastics mode. Adjustable threshold.
- Multiple Measurement Modes: Selectable modes for use with a variety of applications.
- Alarm Mode: Set hi and lo tolerances withaudible beeper and visual LEDs.
- Fast-Scan Mode: Takes 32 readings per second and displays the minimum reading found when the transducer is removed.
Display continuously updates while scanning.
- Factory calibration: traceable tonational standards.