The HPX was designed specifically for use on materials that are difficult to penetrate sound, due to the lack of material consistency, grain structure, and overall thickness. With multiple high voltage pulser options, as well as filters tuned for lower frequency transducers (500 kHz – 10 MHz), the HPX compliments our product range by adding additional material types to our list of application possibilities. Common material types of interest are Fiberglass, carbon fiber, cast metals, rubber, high density polyethylene (HDPE), fiber reinforced plastic (FRP), lead, and all steels and aluminums. Typical target applications are Fiberglass sheets, pipes, storage tanks, aerospace composites, boat hulls, conveyor belts, composite plastics, etc. There are a variety of features and tools to accommodate a number of material types and applications. The electronic platform is FPGA driven for speed and accuracy. The screen refresh rate of 25 Hz contributes to the overall responsiveness of the gauge. The built-in data logger has two file format options, grid or sequential, and is equipped with an internal 4 GB SD card for memory. Connectivity to a standard PC or Apple via USB-C, and used in conjunction with our Windows® PC or OSX reporting software available for download, at no charge, on our website.
- Powered by a 100MHz DSP platform using FPGA technology.
- Three adjustable pulsers: 200 volt spike, 400 volt square wave, and 400 volt tone burst.
- Up to 250 Hz pulse repetition rate (PRF).
- Variable pulse width options for each pulser type.
- 110dB gain range. Manual and Automatic (AGC), depending on measure mode selected.
- Time dependent gain (TDG), with variable start and slope.
- Impedance damping options (50, 75, 100, 300, 600 & 1500).
- 1/8 VGA grayscale display (240 x 160 pixels). Viewable area 2.4 x 1.8 in (62 x 45.7 mm). EL backlit (on/off/auto).
- Screen refresh of 25 Hz.
- Single Contact & Custom 500 kHz delay line Transducers (500 kHz to 10 MHz).
- 2 year limited warranty.
*dependent on material type and consistency.